Saturday, August 4, 2012

On My Shelf (46) Birthday Edition!


On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Alea (This Week in Books @ Pop Culture Junkie), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)



Gifts

My birthday was on Thursday, which means new books! Soulbound has been on my wish list since I first heard about it, so you can understand how excited I was to get it for my birthday. I haven't been in much of a reading mood lately, but I have a feeling that's about to change.


If you've seen my Tumblr, then you know that I'm a HUGE fan of Avatar: the Last Airbender. I was so exited when I heard the story would continue in graphic novels, and even more excited when I got the first two (the only ones currently released) for my birthday. I've already read them and they were AWESOME. Big thanks to my parents for all the books!

They're not books, but I thought I'd mention them because they're book related. I love them both! I've been wanting a mockingjay pin for a long time. It's so pretty! And the headphones are awesome.

In case you missed it, Doppelgangers returned last week, featuring Enchanted by Alethea Kontis and Dreaming Awake by Gwen Hayes. Click here to view the covers and vote for your favorite.

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

No comments: