Sunday, January 15, 2012

On My Shelf (35)

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)
Won

view on goodreads
I won this from Erika at Let's Talk About Books. Thanks, Erika! I can't wait to read this, it sounds really good!

Borrowed

view on goodreads
I finally made it to the library this week, for the first time in many months. I've been wanting to read This Dark Endeavor for a while, so I couldn't resist getting it when I saw it at the library. Even though I went with the intention of getting a few mid-grade books... which I didn't get at all. Oops.

view on goodreads
view on goodreads
I really liked the first two volumes of Death Note, so I had to get these when I saw them. 

Bought

view on goodreads
Marissa Meyer visited Flyleaf Books last week (which is a few hours from me), but I was unfortunately unable to go (oh, the woes of not being able to drive). But my mom is awesome, so she ordered me a signed copy! *squee*


Reading



I promise I will announce the winner of my Christmas giveaway soon (like, tomorrow). I have a cold right now, so I haven't been able to get online much. But I'm getting better (finally! I've been sick since December 27), so I should be blogging more soon (hopefully this week).

That's it for this week. Happy reading!


8 comments:

Lucia (iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books) said...

Legend! This Dark Endeavor! Cinder! Awesome books you got this week!

Happy Reading!
Lucia
iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books

blackandwhitedreamer said...

You'll have to let us know what you think of Legend! I've been wanting to read it for a month or so now...it looks really interesting.

A Beautiful Madness said...

Legend was excellent! Hope you'll enjoy it!
Happy Reading!
Em
My IMM
A Beautiful Madness

roro said...

njoy all

imm

Burgandy Ice said...

Oh, nice!! I totally want Legend!! Cinder is so great. What a fun book!!! Great haul this week!

I'm a new GFC - my IMM: Colorimetry

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! I really want to read Cinder. Hope you feel better soon.
My IMM

Amie@Mom Reads My Books! said...

Great books! Here is my IMM this week: Mom Reads My Books

Priscilla TheGreat said...

I haven't made it to the library in months. I'm too addicted to my Nook to betray it by reading a paperback! LOL!