Saturday, December 31, 2011

Most Wanted of 2012

I know that I have a regular feature for books on my wish list (though I haven't posted it in a while) , but I still wanted to do a list of the books I'm most looking forward to in 2012. So here's my Most Wanted of 2012 (can you tell I'm going a little crazy with these end of year lists?).

    
  • Soulbound - I loved the first three Chronicles of Vladimir Tod books (those are the only ones I've read, so don't be mistaken and think the last two were bad. I wouldn't know), and can't wait to see something different by Heather Brewer.
  • The Girl in the Clockwork Collar - The Girl in the Steel Corset was really good, and I'm very interested to know what happens next.
  • The Fury - This book could be about anything, and I'd still want to read it. When I love a book as much as I love Lockdown, I'll read anything by that author (as long as it's YA or mid-grade. No book has been god enough to make me venture into the adult section yet). But it's not just that it's by Alexander Gordon Smith, it sounds awesome.
  • Out of Sight, Out of Time - I may be one book behind in this series, but I'm still excited about this.
  • Dead Is A Battlefield - Again, I haven't read Dead Is Just a Rumor or Dead Is Not an Option, but I still can't wait to get this. Though I will miss Daisy (hoping she'll still be around, even if she's not the main character).
  • Above World - It just sounds wonderful.
  • Cinder - I've never really been interested in Cinderella retellings, but this one sounds really good. Cyborgs!
  • The Darkness Dwellers - I've been waiting a long time for this one. I can't wait to see what the Irregulars get up to next!
  • Sweet Shadows - Sweet Venom (which I loved) had some unanswered questions at the end and a bit of a cliffhanger, so it's no wonder I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel.
  • Partners in Crime - I've found that genres I don't really like in YA (fantasy, mysteries) are generally better in mid-grade, so this definitely sounds like something I would like.
What are you looking forward to in 2012?

2 comments:

Paige said...

I'm really looking forward to Cinder also and The Calling by: Kelley Armstrong. It's a really good series so far.

blackandwhitedreamer said...

I'm looking forward to The Darkness Dwellers, too. I love that series! I can't wait for The Enchantress by Michael Scott, either - not sure what I'm going to do with myself once the series ends, though...also, Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare.