- Lucinda's Secret - I had every intention to read this in November, I even re-read the first two in preparation. I just... never got around to it (which is the case with a lot of books on this list).
- Solitary - I'm both eager and hesitant to read this. I loved the first one so much, I can't wait to find out what happens next, but I'm also a little afraid it won't be as good. But the main reason I didn't read it is because it was the last book on my 6 Degrees Reading Challenge list, and I couldn't read them out of order.
- This Dark Endeavor - I really liked Airborn and Skybreaker, and was really looking forward to reading something different by Kenneth Oppel. My library has this, and I was going to check it out, but I don't make it to the library nearly as often as I should, and every time I planned to go, it was checked out. Maybe next year.
- The Unwanteds - After missing a (somewhat) nearby Lisa McMann event, I went on a quest to get a signed copy of this book (okay, I went to the store when we were in that city for other reasons, but still). And yet, I still haven't read it (though I must admit, having so far been disappointed by another of her books, I'm a little hesitant to read it now).
- Anna and the French Kiss - I don't think I've heard a bad thing about this. It sounds really good, and I waited a long time to get it. So why is it still in my TBR pile?
- Scorpia Rising - I'll be honest. I'm kind of avoiding this one. I don't want the series to end! I'm not usually like this, but Alex Rider is one of the first YA series I ever read. I've been reading the series since I was 14. I'm not ready for it to be over.
- The Serpent's Coil - Before Lockdown, The Daykeeper's Grimoire was my favorite book. It was really good, and I've been dying to know what happens next since I finished book one. It just never made it to the top of my TBR pile (partly because I never got around to re-reading TDG).
- Prophecy of the Sisters - I had no interest in this when it first came out, but decided to read it after my sister said it was really good. I even bought my own copy, even though I could have borrowed it from her. A book club I help run on Shelfari even picked this one month. But I still didn't read it. This will be remedied in the coming year.
- Hex Hall - Another one I really wanted to read, but never found the time for. I blame the library for this. Don't get me wrong, my library is great, it's mostly me. There are a lot of books on my TBR pile that my library has, a lot of them I've been waiting a long time to read. But I tend to go for books at home first, so library books often get forgotten.
- Only the Good Spy Young - I don't even know why I haven't read this. I loved the first three Gallagher Girls books, and everything got more interesting in the third one. I almost read this a few times, but other things always got in the way.
Saturday, December 31, 2011
I didn't get nearly as much reading done this year as I had hoped. I set my reading goal for 70 books, thinking I'd pass it, and I didn't even reach it. So in honor of my epic reading fail of a year, here are the 10 books I wish I'd read, or the Could Have Been Top 10 (in no particular order).