Saturday, November 5, 2011

On My Shelf (31)

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)


Bought

Was going to buy this the other day, but Barnes & Noble didn't have it. :( Luckily, I managed to make it to a Books-A-Million today, and they had a much better YA section (seriously, I love BAM). I can't wait to read it! Evil imaginary friends! Also, I rather like the cover. It looks and feels nice. :)

I've actually done quite a bit of reading lately. This week I started Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs, which I've almost finished. I really like it, but there are also a lot of things about it that I don't like. But despite all that, I'm already excited for Sweet Shadows.




I started The Field Guide (for the third time) for a read-a-thon a while ago, and I'm still reading it. I guess I just wasn't in the mood for it, or reading something three times in a few months was just a little too much, because I haven't really felt like picking it up again. I finished it in one day the first two times I read it. As soon as I finish it, I'm going to re-read The Seeing Stone, then move on to the rest of the series.

I'm still reading Cryer's Cross, which is more than a little disappointing. I just haven't felt like reading it in a long time. When I finally finish it, it's probably going into my giveaway/trade pile.
In case you missed my post about it, I'm participating in NaNoWriMo for the fourth time (fifth if you count Camp NaNo this summer, which I don't because I don't even think I wrote a full page). I'm writing an unnamed fantasy story, and I currently have 6,569 words, which puts me behind today's goal, but I haven't had a chance to write today, so I guess you could still say I'm on track.
Are you a book blogger doing NaNo? I'd love to add you as a buddy! You can find me on NaNo here.
___________________ 

That's all for this week. Happy reading! And good luck to all my fellow wrimos!

10 comments:

roro said...

hope you'll enjoy reading and writing

Jessica said...

I sorry to hear that you are disappointed by Cryer's Cross. I have had it in my TBR pile forever, but I haven't read it yet either.

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Sweet Venom looks great! And I used to love the Spiderwick Chronicles :) I hope you enjoy all you got!

Here's my IMM!

Amanda Welling said...

Damage looks interesting!

Come visit my IMM and enter to win an Amazon Kindle Fire!

-Amanda
Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! Good luck in Nano. I've heard good and bad things about Cryer's Cross.
My IMM

Emily a.k.a WilowRaven : ) said...

I've been wanting to read Damaged since I first heard about it. I should get myself a copy soon :)

Happy Reading!

Grace Fonseca said...

I want Damage, love the marks on the cover. Cryer's Cross has a lot of mixed reviews. Good set.

Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

Amber (Books of Amber) said...

Great haul! I really want to read Sweet Venom. It sounds great.

Books of Amber

A. Knight said...

Damage has a FABULOUS cover. And I hope you really like Sweet Venom. I haven't read anything by Childs yet, so enjoy it for the both of us(;

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

Giselle said...

Damage sounds really cool! I love the sounds of it. Great haul this week!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads