Saturday, October 15, 2011

On My Shelf (30)

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)


Won

I won this from Cecelia at The Adventures of Cecelia Bedelia. Thanks! I can't wait to read it, it sounds really good! Also, it looks like a chocolate bar under the jacket, which is just awesome. :)

Bought

I've been considering reading this series since I was about 13 years old. When I saw the first book at the used bookstore (a rare occurrence) I decided to finally give it a try. I hope it's good! Didn't notice until I got home, but my copy is signed. Talk about lucky. ;)

I finally finished The Girl in the Steel Corset! I'm pretty sure I started it in June. I really liked it, though it was a bit predictable. I'll save the rest of my thoughts for my review, when I eventually get around to writing it (I have a lot of notes to go through).

I started Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann yesterday. I've read five chapters, and so far it hasn't been grabbing my attention. The writing is also a little weird. Hoping I'll get used to the writing, and that something interesting will happen soon.

I fail at blogging! T_T I don't know why, but I've been really bad about posting lately. I think it's because I just haven't been in much of a blogging mood lately, and I'm kind of short on posts. Going to try to find some time this week to write posts, so I can hopefully get back to posting more regularly.

My third blogoversary is in less than a week. I can't believe my blog is going to be three years old! I also can't believe I didn't plan anything to celebrate it. Maybe I can come up with something in the next few days.

Happy reading!


14 comments:

Grace Fonseca said...

Very nice mailbox. Old follower. I've heard great things about the Gabrielle Zevin book. Enjoy them and come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

Nerd Girls said...

That's so cool that it looks like a chocolate bar underneath. Now I'm going to have to peek the next time I go to the bookstore =P

justalillost.com said...

Ooh, I hear All These Things I've Done is good! Been wanting to check out Girl in the Steel Corset too :)

Michele | My IMM

Nevey ♦ Berry said...

You have got many lovely books this week.

I am a new follower.

Happy Reading...

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

dark hills looks so good! enjoy!

Mocha ღ Latte(A Cupcake and a Latte: YA Reviews) said...

Awesome haul!

My IMM:http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox29.html

Hope you're having an excellent weekend!

-Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte.

Alison Can Read said...

Congrats on your upcoming blogoversary!
I've never heard of the Land of Elyon series. I like the cover though.
My IMM

Jamie said...

Great books this week! I have All These Things I've Done on my TBR pile and I can hardly wait to start reading it.

Here's the link to my imm...

http://bumpsintheroad1.blogspot.com/2011/10/for-review-nine-years-after-he-left.html

Giselle said...

I'm intrigued about Cryer's Cross. I've got it at home but haven't read it yet. Been hearing mixed opinions. Great haul!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Amanda Welling said...

As always, wonderful books this week! I have a few fun things going on my blog right now, too. I have three giveaways Signed ARC of Out of OZ, Love and Marriage Giveaway, October Book Giveaways and they have a total of 13 books and a swag pack you can win. Stop by to check it out!

I hope you have a fabulous week of reading!

-Amanda
Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

Amber (Books of Amber) said...

I really like the sound of Dark Hills! I'm going to have to look into it. Oh, and don't worry! A lot of us go through blogging slumps. I've been through a couple this year already.

Books of Amber

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

Congrats on your win! I really want to read All these things I've done. Enjoy!

Peggy said...

All These Things I've Done looks amazing. It is on my wishlist! Hope you enjoy all your books!

Peggy
My IMM

Orchid said...

Now you've gone and made me think of chocolate again (so mean).

All These Things I've Done is a pretty great read, hope you enjoy it.

You shall have to tell me what you think about The Land of Elyon. Maybe then I'll borrow it if its any good. =)