Saturday, October 1, 2011

On My Shelf (28)

On MySHELF highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)


Bought

Had to go up to Raleigh this week, and managed to make it over to the fabulous Quail Ridge Books, where I got this. I would have bought it at the local Books-A-Million or B&N, but Lisa McMann recently had a signing at Quail Ridge (which I unfortunately couldn't make it to), so I decided to wait and got a signed copy. Hurray for patience! I can't wait to read this! It sounds really good, and I've craving mid-grade lately.

Last week I started Fever Crumb by Philip Reeve, which I finished yesterday. It was really good, a little strange, a for a while a bit confusing, but in the end I liked it. It took me a bit longer to finish than I expected, and I didn't take any notes, so sadly I won't be reviewing it (unless I start doing mini reviews. Thoughts?). But trust me, it's a very interesting read, and I recommend that you pick it up. I'll definitely be on the lookout for the next Fever Crumb (or the Hunger City Chronicles Prequel) book, as well as the rest of the Hungry City Chronicles.
Challenge update: Fever Crumb was the fourth book on my 6 Degrees Reading Challenge list. Only 14 books to go! Next up is Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.

I'm still reading Delirium. Actually, that's not really true. I still have a bookmark in Delirium, but I haven't read it in over a week, and I have no desire to pick it up again. I just can't get into it, so I think I'm going to return it to the library. Though, I might do a DNF review for it.

I have finished 4 parts of #SuperSecretBlogProject, and started working on part 5. The secret will be revealed when part 6 is complete.

Anyway, that's all for the week. I know I did really bad with posting the last few weeks, and I'm sorry. I'll try to do a little better at keeping to my schedule from now on. :)

Happy reading!

2 comments:

justalillost.com said...

"Hunger Games meets Harry Potter"??? I'm intrigued!

Michele | My IMM

Orchid said...

Just finished listening to The Unwanteds and it is definitely Lisa McMann's best book yet.

So glad you were able to find a signed copy of it. =)