Saturday, October 29, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011

Yep, I have decided to do NaNoWriMo again this year. I can't remember if I ever posted about it, but I swore off doing NaNo after epically failing Camp NaNo this summer. As you can see, that decision didn't last long. I just couldn't resist the challenge! I've done NaNo the last three years, and as it drew closer I started feeling weird about my decision to not participate. So, as with many things, I changed my mind.

I'm not really prepared, like at all, but I'm hoping for the best. I'm going to be writing the fantasy story I've been talking about on twitter, which doesn't have a title yet (I'm so bad at coming up with titles). All I'm going to say about it is, it's a fantasy story set in the future with magic and monsters, and so far I really love the world and characters (let's see how I feel about them after I start writing).

So, who else is doing NaNo this year? Is this your first year, or are you a returning wrimo? Have you ever won? Care to share a little bit about your novel? Let me know! If you are participating, good luck! :)

2 comments:

The Golden Eagle said...

I'm doing NaNoWriMo; this will be my second year at it, and I'm looking forward to starting the Science Fiction novel I'm planning . . . :)

Good luck!

Jessica Salyer said...

No going to be doing NaNo this year. I am just way too busy. Plus I am in the middle of my WIP. I'm a little over 26,000 words on it now, so my goal for the end of the month is 50,000. Does that count? ;)