Saturday, September 17, 2011

On My Shelf (27)

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)


Borrowed
I've been meaning to read this for ages. Finally got around to getting it from the library when it was voted as September's book in one of my Shelfari groups.

Last week I read The Seeing Stone (Spiderwick Chronicles #2) by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi (my review). I love this series! It is seriously one of the most fantastic things I've read in a while. I was planning to read the third one last week, but never really found the time (which is saying something, since it only takes me about two hours to read each book).

This week I started Delirium, which so far is... okay. I just don't see why everyone loves it so much. The last chapter I read left on a cliff-hanger, in a supposed-to-be exciting scene, and I've barely thought about it since I put it down. Not a good sign. I'm hoping it will get better soon, because being bored halfway through a book means it has only one more chance to get interesting before I mark it as a DNF.

In case you missed it, I have a new posting schedule! Forgive me if I forget to post things on time for a little while, I'm still trying to get used to it. :)

That's all for this week. I have to get back to working on Super Secret Blog Project, so I'll see you... oh gosh, I don't know when I'm supposed to post next. Probably when I announce the winners for my 300 Follower Giveaway.

Happy reading!


8 comments:

Paige said...

Awesome book! I just got Delirium from the library and i cant wait to read it!! I hope you enjoy it!! Check out my IMM!!

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-vlog-4.html

justalillost said...

I got Delirium a couple weeks ago .. heard nothing but great things about it!

Michele | my IMM

fivealarmbookreviews.com said...

Stopped in for my first visit. I haven't read Delirium and have wanted to for some time as well. My IMM

Kara_Malinczak said...

I have Delirium. I just haven't gotten around to it being one of my picks yet. I have this system I use to choose which books I read. And Delirium is not on my list yet. But I totally will read it at some point. Since I own it. I hope you start enjoying it more.

Peggy said...

Hi, new follower here! I loved Delirium and hope you do too! Happy reading!

Peggy
My IMM

Laura (All of Everything) said...

Almost everyone I know looved Delirium. It's been sitting on my shelf for ages but I just haven't had the time to read it yet. Hope it gets better :]

Sharon said...

I can't wait to get started on Delirium :)

My IMM, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Have a nice week.

Kousha said...

you will LOVE delirium :) such a good book :D

My IMM: http://wrigleysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-1.html