Sunday, August 14, 2011

On My Shelf (24)

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)



Bought

I haven't read the second book yet, but I loved the first (my review) and figured it would be better to get the third one now, so I wouldn't have to wait to read it once I finally get my hands on The Seeing Stone (my library has it, but I'd rather wait to buy it). I can't wait until I can read it!

Other

I GOT MY MASTER MINION KIT!!! I don't really feel like explaining what a Master Minion is, so I'll just say what's in the kit. I got: a Vlad Tod t-shirt (way too big for me, but I still love it!), some bookmarks, tattoos, and a discussion guide. I'll try to post pictures, but I'm going on a road trip tomorrow, so I might not have time. I'll be adding some of this to my birthday giveaway, which you can enter here.

This week was my Read Dangerously Read-A-Thon, in case you somehow missed it (is that even possible? I put up a good number of posts for it in those three days). I managed to finish two books, and get halfway through a third (you can see my final read-a-thon report here). Right now I'm reading Firespell by Chloe Neill. It's not great, but I do like it, and wish I hadn't put off reading it for so long.

Bit of an update on the read-a-thon giveaway: I made a mistake when I said the winner would be posted the 14th. Because one of the mini challenges gets you extra entries and doesn't close until the 19th, the winner will be posted sometime shortly after that. Sorry for the extra wait.

This is the last week to enter my birthday giveaway, which closes at midnight on August 19. You could win Heist Society and Rotters, as well as some Chronicles of Vladimir Tod swag. US only. Enter here.

Think that's it. I should be back to a regular posting schedule this week (unless I get too caught up with working on my book. I'm working on world building, which is very interesting and time consuming). Happy reading!

No comments: