Saturday, July 23, 2011

On My Shelf (22)

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)

Cover links to Goodreads.

Bought

I bought this from the Random Buzzers store a while ago, and it finally came in this week. Yay! I was really excited when I ordered it, but then I read a review of it at For What It's Worth, which said it was really creepy and gory, so now I'm a little nervous about reading it, but still looking forward to it. If that makes sense.

This week I finally finished Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood by Eileen Cook. For now I'm just going to say that I liked it (again), and save the rest of my thoughts for my review.
GRoLW was read for the 6 Degrees Reading Challenge. 2 books down, 16 to go. Next up on the list is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. You can see my list here.

Do you like read-a-thons? Would you like to win a book of your choice? Then you should sign up for the Read Dangerously Read-A-Thon, which will take place August 11-13! Three days of reading. Nine mini challenges. One international giveaway. Does it get any better?

That's all the bookish news I have this week. Happy reading!

3 comments:

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

I havent's read any of those, but they sound interesting! I hope you enjoy them! Here's my IMM if you want to check it out! Happy reading!

-Jessica (Peace Love Books)

Alison Can Read said...

Great week! Rotters does look creepy but I hope it's great.
My IMM

Kristin said...

You have a nice list of books in your mailbox this week.
Happy Reading,
Book Sniffers Anonymous