Saturday, July 9, 2011

On My Shelf (20)

No new books this week, but I do have a few things to post about.

Actually managed to get quite a bit of reading done this week, mostly in one night. Stayed up late (until, like, 3:00) reading Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood by Eileen Cook one night this week, so I'm kind of almost nearly done with it now... sort of. I still like it, but I'm considerably more annoyed this time than I was the first time. I absolutely hate Lauren, and Claire really gets on my nerves. I'm really glad I waited so long to re-read it, because I've forgotten a lot of what happens, so it's kind of like I'm reading it for the first time.

This week I randomly picked up eV by James Farr, and read it in one sitting. This does not, however, mean it was good. I wasn't really expecting much from it, because I barely knew anything about it when I started it, but I was still disappointed. Needless to say, I won't be seeking out the second volume.

This week, in honor of the #pottermoviethon and the last movie, I made... *drumroll* Deathly Hallows laces! And I made a how to video for it. If you want to decorate your shoes for the premiere of Deathly Hallows part 2, I suggest watching the video below.


Neat, huh? I love shoelace art (thanks to So Yesterday by Scott Westerfeld). Would anyone be interested in more book themed shoelace art tutorials? Have any suggestions/requests for themes? I'd love to know!

So, as of 3:00 pm eastern time, I am on my way to see Deathly Hallows part 2. If you're reading this before 5:30, you can follow my excitement on twitter. I'm not very good with movie reviews, but I'll try to have a review up by Tuesday.

That's all for this week.


1 comment:

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

I hope you enjoy the HP marathon! I still need to finish reading book 5, then start 6 & 7. I've only seen the first movie! :)