Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Doppelgängers (6) - Historical... ish

So I'm a day late with this, but whatever. Here's week 6 of Doppelgängers.

This one is so easy. The Girl in the Steal Corset. The Luxe is just a little too plain, and her skirt is too ridiculously big. TGITSC has lots of interesting details: the corset, the thing on her right hand, the cog background, and the colors are just better.The only problem with TGITSC is the book is based in 1897, and you can see the zipper on her dress... Yeah. Online, it just looks like the cut of the dress, but in person it's there.

Vote in the comments for your favorite.

If you've spotted any Doppelgängers, please contact the Center for Doppelgänger Comparison.

Last week's winner: In the battle of ruffley dresses, Torment defeated Haunting Violet with 2 of 2 votes.


5 comments:

Orchid said...

The zipper very nearly ruins the cover for The Girl in the Steel Corset for me, but I do like how it has more details than The Luxe cover.

TGItSC is my pick. =)

Zombie Girrrl said...

Luxe looks like a centaur going to prom, but I cannot forgive a zipper on a period book, so I vote Luxe.

Read.Breathe.Relax. said...

I DEFINITELY am voting for The Girl in the Steel Corset! Love it!! She's bold in her red dress and sassy attitude!

Love your blog! I'm a new follower and am excited to read more of your posts!

Emily said...

I vote for The Girl in the Steel Corset. The zipper thing is a bit of a turn-off, but I still like it far better than The Luxe's cover.

The Story Queen said...

The Girl in the Steel Corset :) The details on that cover just seal the deal for me. I love the pattern on the background.