Saturday, June 18, 2011

SiSRead Finish Line Report

Well, the Spring Into Summer Read-a-thon has ended. The end seemed to come too soon, and yet take forever to get here. I think I might take the day off from reading tomorrow, I'm a little burned out right now. Anyway, onto my final read-a-thon stats and answers to the report questions.

First of all, give us an end-of-read-a-thon status update. Books read, pages read, you know the drill!
Number of Books Read: 2

Pages Read: 425

Books Read:
The Field Guide (Spiderwick Chronicles #1) by Holly Black & Tony DiTerlizzi
The Code (Spy X #1) by Peter Lerangis

Unfinished Read-A-Thon Books:
Interworld by Neil Gaiman & Michael Reaves (84 pages read)
The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott (135 pages read)
Hide and Seek (Spy X #2) by Peter Lerangis (93 pages read)
What is your favorite book you read during the read-a-thon?
The Field Guide (I need the next book!)
Did you participate in any mini-challenges? Which ones?
I was only able to do the first mini-challenge, which was fun. This is the first time I've done any mini-challenges for a read-a-thon.
Which mini-challenge was your favorite?
I only did one, though the 100 word story sounded fun (too bad I missed it).
What has been your favorite thing about the read-a-thon?
I can't really decide. I really liked the whole thing.
Are you satisfied with how much reading you got done? Did you do more than you expected? Less?
Yes and no. I would liked to have finished more books (so close with two of them, but just too tired), but I read more than I really expected to.
What did you think of the updates? Too close together? Didn't like the time limit?
They were a welcome break from reading, though I missed a few because I got so cought up in some of my books or just wasn't near a computer.
If you could change one thing about the read-a-thon, what would it be?
Maybe add another day. I like that it was short, but perhaps a little too short. And maybe a next day deadline for the final post.
Would you participate in another read-a-thon hosted by Squeaky Books? Why or why not?
Yes. I had a lot of fun doing this one, and can't wait until the next.
Any last comments on the read-a-thon?
Nope. I enjoyed it, though next time, I'm setting my goals a little lower.

Well, that's it for this read-a-thon. Thanks for hosting it, Enna!

No comments: