Friday, June 17, 2011

SiS Read-A-Thon Update #1

Read-A-Thon Stats

Number of Books Read: 1

Number of Pages Read: 113

Books Read:
The Field Guide by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi

Currently Reading: Interworld by Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves

Mini Challenge #1

Favorite book-movie adaptation: I haven't read The Lord of the Rings yet, but I absolutely love the movies.

Least favorite book-movie adaptation: It's a tie between Stormbreaker and The Lightning Thief. Neither of them were anything like the book, which was sooo disappointing. I'd really like to see those two re-done, closer to the book.

I'll be back in a few hours to update my status (there should also be a review up sometime today).

2 comments:

SweetestLittleBookworm said...

Oh, Percy Jackson...Yes. So sad. I was so excited to see The Lightning Thief and when it came out, I was so sadly disappointed. There were too many differences and the movies just wasn't at all what the book was supposed to be. Entertaining movie, bad adaptation. My husband and kids loved it, but none of them have read the books.

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries said...

I really wish that screenwriters would realize that a great book shouldn't be changed when it's adapted, especially major plot lines and characters. You're doing great so far!