Saturday, June 25, 2011

On My Shelf (18)

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)

Cover links to Goodreads.

Won

I recently read The Julian Game and really liked it, so I planned to buy this from the Random Buzzers store. Unfortunately, by the time I was the right rank, it was out of stock. Luckily, @RandomBuzzers had a twitter contest for a signed copy, and I won! I can't wait to read this, it sounds really good, and it's been a while since I read a ghost story.

Didn't actually get much reading done this week. Took a break after last week's read-a-thon, which was only supposed to last a day or two, but ended up lasting until yesterday. Though this wasn't entirely my choice. I kind of lost The Girl in the Steel Corset for a day or two, but managed to find it yesterday and finally finished chapter 13, which I had started before the read-a-thon. I must say, it is quite good. There are a few things that bother me (there's just a little too much of them), but for the most part I like it.
As for my unfinished read-a-thon books, I think for now they'll remain unfinished. I haven't felt like reading them all week, and it's not like I can review them without notes, so I'll probably just try them again sometime in the future. They were all good, I just don't really have time to read them right now (Scorpia Rising is going to be in at the library soon, and it must have all my attention).

In case you haven't heard (or completely ignored the button above this post), I'm hosting a read-a-thon in August and need a little help. The read-a-thon is part of my birthday event (I'm so excited!!!), and will take place on August 11, 12, and 13 (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday). I'm looking for a few bloggers to host a mini-challenge on one of those days, and would really appreciate any help I can get. You can read more about it or volunteer here.

After weeks months of trying to write a decent About page, I finally have one! And a Features page (because it was too much to put it all on one page). If you want to know a little more about me or my blog, click here. Or if you'd like to see a list of all my features (with archive links), click here.

That's all for this week. I have a lot of reading to catch up on.

4 comments:

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Oooh, I really want to read The Girl in the Steel Corset! And I'm so jealous you got a signed copy of Tighter! Lucky! Great Mailbox! Check out My IMM if you get the chance!

-Jessica (Peace Love Books)

bookgoonie.com said...

Tighter looks so creepy good. If you get a chance, stop by my IMM www.bookgoonie.com

The Book Angel said...

Great IMM! And I love your blog!!
I really want to read Tighter. I heard it was really good.

My IMM is here:
http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

Alison said...

Great week! I won Tighter a few weeks ago. I can't wait to start it.
My IMM