Saturday, June 18, 2011

On My Shelf (17)

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)

Covers link to Goodreads.
Bought

This one's been on my wish list for a while, so I had to buy it when I saw it at the used bookstore. They had quite a few books I wanted, but I only had so many credits. *le sigh* Anyway, I can't wait to read this, it sounds really good!

I wasn't originally going to get this, but I just couldn't resist! It's just so cute! It sounds really good, and I love a good mid-grade every now and then.

Still reading The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross, but had to put it on hold for the Spring Into Summer Read-A-Thon. I would have read it for the read-a-thon, but if I ever want to review it (and I do), I have to take review notes, which takes up precious reading time. I'll resume reading it tomorrow.

For the read-a-thon, I read The Field Guide and The Code (Spy X #1) by Peter Lerangis. Right now I'm reading Hide and Seek (Spy X #2), The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott, and Interworld by Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves. I'm hoping to finish at least two of those today (though all three would be nice). I'll post my final read-a-thon stats tomorrow.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm back! From my blogging vacation, I mean. I got a lot of post writing done in the last week, and after re-working a new feature (you can see the first post here) that I was having issues with before (the reason I hadn't posted it yet), I just couldn't wait to get back.
So, I have a new feature, lots of drafts for old features, and reviews to post for the next couple of weeks. Which means, I can take it easy with post writing and spend more time reading, so I'll have more books to review.

In completely non-blogging or book related news, I'm learning German! So, if I start saying things like "das Auto" and "ja", that's why.

That's all for this week. Happy reading!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Guten morgen! I've always wanted to get into the Spiderwick Chronicles.
New Twitter follower. Old GFC follower.
Auf Wiedersehen!
My IMM