Friday, June 24, 2011

Review - The Falcon's Malteser by Anthony Horowitz

Tim Diamond is possibly the world's worst detective. He's dense, he's distracted, he's unbelievably dim-it's a good thing his younger brother Nick is around! Nick knows there'll be trouble when Tim's entrusted with a package worth over five million dollars, but he doesn't know how much trouble. When the owner of the package is murdered, Tim gets the blame, Nick gets the package, and every crook in town is out to get them! Can Nick outwit them and turn this candy caper into a sweet deal for the Diamond Brothers?
Full of humor and non-stop action, this mystery series by the author of Stormbreaker will leave readers eagerly awaiting more.
I read 12 other books by Anthony Horowitz before this, and was never disappointed. I'm very glad to say, I still haven't been disappointed.

The Falcon's Malteser is an excellent mid-grade read, that really reads more like a YA. Nick was a great narrator and just a good character. He was witty and clever, though a little mean at times. His brother Tim (real name Herbert) was hilariously stupid. They were very amusing to read about.

This book is full of villains, but I'm afraid only two of them were really villainous. Needless to say, they're my favorites. I love a good villain and all the excitement they bring to a story. Fight scenes, chase scenes, this book was full of them, and each one left me begging for more.

One of the best things about this book is probably the mystery. It literally had me guessing until the very end. I had an idea near the end of how everything would play out, but it was still a surprise when it actually happened. I can't wait to get the next book in this series! It was really good, better than I thought it would be. I'm not usually one to buy books I've already read, but I'll definitely have to get this, and probably all the other books in the series, to add to my Anthony Horowitz collection.

I give The Falcon's Malteser 4 octopi.

1 comment:

Orchid said...

The Falcon's Malteser sounds really interesting, I may just have to order it from the library when I get a chance (especially since Anthony Horowitz is an amazing author).
Thanks for the great review. :)

Orchid
The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia