Monday, June 27, 2011

Doppelgängers (3) - Duck, Duck, Goose

Doppelgängers in inspired by Alea's Lookalikes feature at Pop Culture Junkie.

The Vespertine vs. Dark Angel vs. Forgiven

Now, I know the first two are the same image, and while I'm pretty sure the last one is from the same photoshoot, I still have some doubts. I'm really only going off the dress, here. It looks the same to me, but I could be wrong.
Anyway. I don't really like any of them. First off, why is she running in a dress? It just doesn't make sense. Running in a dress is hard. If I had to pick one, it would probably be Forgiven (which took me forever to find, because I thought it was called Forsaken and couldn't remember the author's name). It just looks a little better: the color of the dress, her hair, the angle, what you can see of the model's expression. In the other image, the model looks to be making a sort of weird face. Vespertine's dress color is too blegh, and Dark Angel's is too RED. I also don't like the swoopy, feather(?) thing on Dark Angel.

Vote in the comments for your favorite.

If you've spotted any Doppelgängers, please contact the Center for Doppelgänger Comparison.

Last week's winner: What! No one voted?! I could have sworn I got a comment on... No, that was for the first Doppelgänger. Well, I guess I'll just call it a tie. Everyone must have been so conflicted that they couldn't even post a comment.


4 comments:

YA Book Queen said...

Hmm, it does seem like the same girl/dress in the third one, doesn't it?

I'm going to have vote Forgiven as well :)

Zombie Girrrl said...

I vote for the Vespertine. The bron is a little dull, but at least it tlooks like the original color.

Orchid said...

I'm not to fond of any of the covers, but Forgiven looks the best to me since the model doesn't appear to making a slight face. :)

Orchid
The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia

Shelby said...

The first two do look almost identical...only the dress color.