Saturday, May 28, 2011

On My Shelf (14)

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)


Borrowed
I went to a new library this week, and found the Best. YA. Section. Ever. Unfortunately, my brain kind of shuts down when I'm surrounded by a lot of books. At bookstores it just makes me forget everything on my wishlist, while at libraries it makes me unable to choose books I actually feel like reading. So I ended up getting Kissing Coffins by Ellen Schreiber and Maximum Ride Manga vol. 2 by NaRae Lee & James Patterson, both of which have been on my wishlist for a long time, neither of which I feel like reading right now. Unless I have a change of heart before they're due, they'll be going back unread, to be checked out another time.

Received

My frequently mentioned friend, Orchid, recently got a signed hardback of this, so when she got a surprise paperback copy in the mail, she was kind enough to give it to me. Thanks so much, Orchid! I've been wanting to read this for a while. I love this cover!

Last week I said I'd give You Killed Wesley Payne another chance before giving it a DNF. I lied. I never felt like reading it again, and it was coming up on due at the library, so I just returned it unfinished. I might give it another try sometime in the future, but I don't know yet.

This week I read The Julian Game by Adele Griffin. It was good, but frustrating at times. I'll add reviewing it to my blogging vacation to-do list, so you guys should know a little more about what I thought of it in a few months.
I was originally planning to read this for the 6 Degrees Reading Challenge I'm hosting, but kind of forgot it was on my list until after I'd started it. Luckily, it's the very last book on my list, so I can just reverse my list. Which means *drum roll* I still have a chance of finishing my own challenge! This makes me happy. I'd hate to host a challenge and not even complete it.

And lastly, this week I (finally!) started Out of Sight, Out of Mind by Marilyn Kaye. It's kinda meh so far, but I'm thinking (hoping!) it's about to get better.

__________________________

Not a bad week. I feel like it's been forever since I finished a book in the same week I started it.
Anyway, happy reading!


2 comments:

Shirley said...

Sad to hear you didn't like You Killed Wesley Payne after the reviews I've read of it. Sometimes I don't agree with reviews either and a book touted highly by one can be a bore to another. Anyway, you do have some interesting things going on. Good luck on your challenge!

My Bookshelf

Orchid said...

I totally forgot you had checked out Maximum Ride 2. *is sad now*
Hope you enjoy Gimme a Call. :)