Saturday, May 21, 2011

On My Shelf (13)

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)
Bought

I've been eyeing this book for quite some time, but kept hoping my library would get it. They still don't have it, so I finally just decided to buy it. I can't wait to read it!

This is another book that's been on my wish list for a while. I saw it in the bargain stacks at Books-A-Million and  just couldn't resist. I think this is the second body-swapping book I've bought, but I'm not sure...

Finished Bleach vol. 1 by Tite Kubo. It was really good, which doesn't come as a surprise since I already love the anime. I hope I can find the next volume at the library!

Once again, I'm thinking of taking a book off my currently reading list without finishing it. You Killed Wesley Payne isn't bad, but it's not what I was expecting, and I haven't felt like picking it up all week. I'll give it one more try, but if it still doesn't hold my attention for more than two chapters, I'm giving it a DNF and moving on to something else.
______________________

Happy reading, everyone! Maybe I'll see you in a week, depends on whether I get any books this week (with that in mind, I hope I see you next week!).

7 comments:

Amber Griffiths said...

Gone is brilliant! I loved it; it's so scary thinking that something like that could actually happen. I'm happy that you've finally got a copy! Enjoy :)

Books of Amber

MiaandSofia said...

A fab mailbox! They all seem great! Happy reading :)
Check out what's In My Mailbox

Mia @ Gripped into Books

Sam Mrozek said...

Luv how u put a unique twist on the meme. I'm now a follower!
Check out my blog at www.thebookenook.blogspot.com
Happy Reading!

Chelsey @ Starry Sky Books said...

I haven't read Gone or the other books in that series. I hope you enjoy them!

Here's my IMM!

My anxious life said...

I am going to have to participate in the meme what I'm reading. it looks great!
new follower
Angie

XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

Natalie (Mindful Musings) said...

I hope you enjoy Gone! I thought it was a lot of fun!

Orchid said...

Gone, I've been wnatig to read that one for quite some time as well. You'll have to let me borrow it when you finally get a chance to read it. :)