Saturday, May 14, 2011

On My Shelf (12)

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)


Bought

Got this from the used bookstore. It sounds good, but the main reason I bought it is because it's by Suzanne Collins, author of The Hunger Games (as if you didn't already know), which is one of my favorite series ever. It's going to be an interesting read, since it's so different from HG.

This week I started Bleach vol. 1 by Tite Kubo. It's good, but I'm having a little trouble getting into it because I've seen season 1 of the anime, and already know what's going to happen.

I am now on page 160 of 368 of You Killed Wesley Payne by Sean Beaudoin. It's not as good as I thought it would be, but still okay.

I'm thinking of taking a short blogging break, but haven't fully decided yet. I'll just leave it at that for now and post more about this on Monday (I don't want this post to be ridiculously long).

Well, that's my week in books. Happy reading!

4 comments:

T.B. said...

Gregor the Overlander is a really good book, and the whole series is an action-packed as well. I read this one before I read The Hunger Games series, so when I first started reading The Hunger Games I was so surprised it was Suzanne Collins as well! I can't wait to hear what you think of this one!

katie said...

I have been meaning to check out Suzanne Collin's other books but I haven't been able to find them. Can't wait for your review. Happy reading!

TheBookHour said...

I didn't realise Suzanne Collins had written anything else, I hope you like it! :)

heavenisabookstore said...

Wow that's so cool that you found another book by Suzanne Collins just by chance. I'll be interested to know if you like it.