Saturday, May 7, 2011

On My Shelf (11)

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)


Borrowed

Got this from the library. It sounds really interesting, and I've been craving a good mystery lately. I love this cover. :)

FINALLY!!! I requested this from my library in September, and by December I'd given up hope of ever reading it because my hold status hadn't changed. In January, it finally said that it was in transit to my local library, so I thought I'd actually get it. It said it was in transit for over four months. I never did get it from the library I ordered it from. My sister went to a new library and saw it there, so she got it for me. Thank you so much! I've been dying to read this for ages!

Didn't do a lot of reading this week. I was hoping to finish The Forests of Silence by Emily Rodda, but I'm really not in the mood for a fantasy book right now, so I didn't even pick it up this week. I was going to try to finish it before starting You Killed Wesley Payne, but I read a few pages of YKWP the day I got it, and couldn't put it down. So, yeah, now I'm reading You Killed Wesley Payne, even though I have three books I haven't finished. I'm thinking of just shelving all the other books I started and trying them again some other time, when I'm more in the mood to read them.
______________ 

Well, that's it for this week. Happy reading, everyone!

1 comment:

T.V and Book Addict said...

Oooh Bleach is SO fun!! Sadly, I've only watched the anime and even then I sorta abandoned it after the fillers around episode 100 and something. I should start reading the manga already and continue the series. So long though and I hate fillers!

Anyway, hope you enjoy! You Killed Wesley Payne is pretty cool and funny.