Sunday, May 1, 2011

On My Shelf (10)

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)


Won

I won this during Contest Craze, hosted by Cindy at Princess Bookie. Thanks so much, Cindy! I've been wanting to read this for a while. I love this cover!

*signed*
I won this from Linda Gerber when it was announced that women's ski jumping is finally going to be in the Olympics in 2014!!! I've never really been into the winter Olympics, but this news is still exciting, and I'll definitely be watching in 2014. Thanks Linda! ^_^
You can learn more about the women's ski jumping announcement on Linda's blog.

This week I participated in the Spring's Serenity Read-A-Thon, which was hosted by Michelle at The True Book Addict. Since I've been posting reading updates all week, I'm not going to go over what I read again. If you'd like to see what I read this week, you can check out my posts from the read-a-thon.

Lately I've been working on a new book... that I actually thought of a few years ago, but never really did any work on. I've gotten a lot done on it, mostly world building, which is good because I always forget to do that, which is probably why I always have trouble finishing books (or even getting halfway through). Now I'm working on a few last minute character details, and unless I decide to outline it (which, honestly, hasn't really helped me in the past, so I probably won't), I should be able to start writing very soon.

As for Monday, I have an idea for the beginning now. I'll probably start writing it sometime in the next week, if I have time.

It seems like a lot of blogs are celebrating blogoversaries right now, and I've been kind of shocked at how young some of them are. This got me wondering who had the oldest blog. Orchid has been wondering the same thing, so she asked on Twitter, #HowOldIsYourBlog? Please, retweet and answer, cause I'd really like to know. :)

Last thing. A while ago I cleaned out the blogs I follow, because some of them just hadn't posted in forever, and I'd just stopped reading others. But now I feel like I hardly follow any blogs, which means not a lot of new posts to read. So, if you have a YA book blog (or at least, one that focuses mainly on YA), leave a comment on this post and I'll check it out. :)
That's it for this week. Happy reading!


2 comments:

Kaitlyn (Kaitlyn in Bookland) said...

I've been wanting to read Sisters Red---I hope you enjoy it!

Here is my mailbox!

T.B. said...

Sisters Red sounds really good, and congrats on the signed book!

Hi! My name is Tessa, and I am an eighth grader in middle school. I have a blog, From The Bookshelf of T.B., and it's all about book reviews for young readers, such as myself. I would love it if you could check it out!

www.ftbotbblog.blogspot.com