Monday, May 16, 2011

Blogging Vacation

In the last On MySHELF post, I said I might be taking a break from blogging and that I'd give you more info on Monday. Well, it's Monday, so I guess I owe you guys some details. I already wrote a post for this, but it ended up being really long and boring, so I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet.

I'm bored with my blog. My posts have become incredibly repetitive lately, and I'm tired of it. But at the moment, I can't think of anything to do to fix it. So, after a lot of thought, I have decided to take a brief vacation from blogging. It just hasn't been fun lately, and blogging is supposed to be fun. And if that's how I feel about my blog, I can't even imagine what it's like for the people reading it.

Because I hate going months (or even weeks) without posting anything, I'll still be doing On MySHELF posts, but only when I get new books (even though those posts are about more than the books I got that week).

While I'm on break, I'll be working to fix everything that I've come to dislike about my blog. Here's my to-do list.
  • Improve old features that have become boring
  • Work on new features
  • Catch up on reviews of books I read last year
  • Get some more reading done, because I haven't had much time for it lately
  • Build up drafts to avoid Last Minute Post Writing Stress Disorder and posting droughts
I don't know exactly how long all of that will take, but I'm hoping to be back to blogging sometime in June, early July at the latest.

Well, that's it. I'll be seeing you, either on Saturdays for On MySHELF or in June.

2 comments:

Orchid said...

It's mid-June...are you back yet???? :)

Ren (All By MySHELF) said...

Why yes, yes I am.