Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Read-A-Thon: Day 2 Update & Goals for Day 3

I was hoping yesterday's easy win would set the tone for the rest of the read-a-thon, but after today's epic fail, I'm thinking that's not the case.

So, today's goal was to read three books: The Forests of Silence, The Lake of Tears, and Tweet Heart. I had more time to read today, which made me foolishly optimistic about meeting my goals. Note the word "foolishly". I got The Forest of Silence out, with plans to read it right after breakfast and the morning rounds of my favorite sites. I ate, finished up online... and went and watched Tangled.

After the movie, I thought "Okay, I'll get some reading done now". What did I do? If you said "got some reading done" or something along those lines, you would be wrong. Instead of reading, I went online again worked on one of my books, because lately I've been getting a lot of ideas for it. And that's all I'm going to say about that, because blogging about writing usually guarantees that I'll stall out with whatever book I blogged about.

Anyway, today wasn't a complete waste. I finally managed to get some reading done... around 7 pm. Okay, it was only one chapter of The Forests of Silence, and yeah, that chapter was only 10 pages long. But as you read this, I am probably maybe reading, so I might have another book finished by tomorrow.

Since, at the moment, I haven't finished any more books, I'll update this post tomorrow with my stats for day 2 of the Spring's Serenity Read-A-Thon.
Read-A-Thon Stats
Number of books finished: 2

Books read:
Beauty Pop vol. 5 by Kiyoko Arai (4 stars)
Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings by Helene Boudreau (4 stars)

Currently Reading: The Forests of Silence by Emily Rodda
As for tomorrow's goals, I'll just aim to read the books I meant to read today, but didn't.

Happy reading, and if you're participating in the read-a-thon, I hope you're doing better than me.

1 comment:

Michelle @ The True Book Addict said...

Oh well...it happens! I was reading earlier, while watching Glee, and promptly fell asleep. Luckily, I hit record (must have suspected my little nap) or I would have missed half of the show! Wasn't Tangled adorable? I loved it!

Have you done my mini-challenge yet? I have a sticky at the top of the post section on my blog with the link to it, if you want to try it.

Hope you have better luck with your reading tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up about it. =O)