Sunday, April 24, 2011

On My Shelf (9) + Happy Easter!

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)


Bought
Got this at the used book store. I'm really happy I found this in paperback, because it matches my copies of the first and third books in the series. Speaking of the series, I now have all the books (that have been released so far)! Yay! ^_^

Borrowed

Borrowed this from Orchid. Thanks, Orchid!

After the last On My Shelf post, I took a break from reading. I didn't realize how much I needed a break until I just... stopped reading, without really meaning to. Sometimes I just get a little burnt out on reading. Though I can never give up it up completely.

During my break, I read volumes 21-23 of Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya. They were all good, though it was sad to see the series end. I also read volumes 1-4 of Beauty Pop by Kiyoko Arai, and plan to read volume 5 soon. I'm really liking this series, though it's a little repetitive.

As for books, a little while ago I started Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings by Helene Boudreau. I'm about halfway through. It's pretty good so far, a little slow in the beginning, but it picks up pretty fast.

It's been a while since I've done one of these posts, so I thought I'd include a writing update.
I know I said I'd be working on Baker's Dozen, but I've been taking a break from that to work on another project. This is a quick project that won't require as much attention once I get it going, so I should be back to working on BD pretty soon.

Anyway, this new project is no secret, since it's for this blog. It's called Monday, and it's a comic... at least, that's what it's supposed to be. I have a few ideas for story arcs, I just haven't figured out how I'm going to get it all started. Once I do, I'll start writing/drawing it. Since I want to have a few months worth of story written up before I start posting, it probably won't appear on here for at least a month.
Here's a sketch of the main character, Monday.

In case you haven't noticed (those of you reading this on Google Reader), All By MySHELF has had a makeover. I made the new layout a few weeks ago, and was planning to put it up in June or July, but I got impatient and put it up early (after much debate). I'm really happy with the new layout, but the blog makeover isn't quite finished. The only thing I have left to do is clean up the sidebars a bit, something I tried doing earlier this week, but wasn't very successful. I'm still trying to figure out which widgets to get rid of, so if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them in the comments. Thanks!

Also, if you know of any good (clean) mysteries, please check the first post in my new feature, What Do You Recommend? I'd really appreciate it. :)

And last but not least, HAPPY EASTER!!! Enjoy this adorable bunny picture. =)


1 comment:

Orchid said...

I still cannot believe that you have all the GG books, and I'm still misisng the fourth one. *sigh*

Happy reading (let me know what you thought about Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings).

Can't wait till the Monday comic starts.