Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cover For Me 9

Cover For Me is all about book covers and what I think of them. Sometimes it will just be one cover, sometimes it will be different covers for the same book.

This week's cover is...

Dull Boy by Sarah Cross

This is one of those covers that looks really nice online, and then you see it in person and go, "Oh, that's it?" It's still a good cover in person, there are just two problems: the finish and the title. I was really disappointed when I found out it had a glossy finish, because it kind of ruined the image for me. Of course, I don't really like glossy finishes on any book. My problem with the title is the broken edges. When you see the title up close, it looks like it was edited on Paint Shop. But other than those two things, it's still a nice cover.
This cover is... for me, but best admired from afar.

2 comments:

Book Junkies said...

Hey! New follower! You have an absolutely fabulous header! It's so unique! Love it!

Orchid said...

Eh, I never much cared for this cover (up close or from afar). But I do want to read. :)