Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cover For Me 10

Cover For Me is all about book covers and what I think of them. Sometimes it will just be one cover, sometimes it will be different covers for the same book.

This week's cover is...

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

I'm not really a fan of white backgrounds, but I still like this. The model fits Cammie well, and while the uniform colors aren't right (at least, I don't think they are. I can't remember what color their uniforms were in the book, or if it even said), it still looks good. I like the plaid spine, the font, and how "love" and "kill" look pasted on. I also like the cropping, how the model is off center and the top of her face isn't showing.
This cover is... for me.

Hmm... Um... This one is kind of eh for me. Something about it just seems a little strange, but I can't figure out what. I don't really like her skirt, it seems way too short. And I can't really tell what she's holding, which just annoys me. The font it kinda plain, though I do like the heart in "love" and the K cutting through the O. But that's about it.
This cover is... not for me.

I don't like the image, I'm just going to say that now and move on. I like how the last part of the title looks hand-written, and how the font changes color on every line. The part with the the author's and series names looks a little out of place, and just doesn't really fit the book. I don't know. It's not bad, but it's exactly good either.
This cover is... not for me.

(Sorry for the blurry image. The cover on Goodreads was really small, and I couldn't find a better version.)
I... don't really get this cover. It looks a bit like the first one, but for a much younger crowd. Why the over sized looking tie? What's with the bright pink socks? Where did the lime green boots come from? If you ask me, it looks more like an Allie Finkle book for girls age 8-12 than a YA book about spies in training.
This cover is... not for me, not even 10 year old me.

So, which cover is for you?

No comments: