Sunday, March 20, 2011

On My Shelf (8)

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)
Click a cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

Won

I won both of these from Kate at I Just Wanna Sit Here and Read. They both sound really interesting, and I can't wait to read them. I read about 40 pages of Tweet Heart the other day and it was pretty good. Thanks Kate!
Almost forgot, the books came with a water bottle. That was a surprise. When I got the package and was trying to open it, I was like "What's this round thing?" I was going to post a picture of it, but to be completely honest, I kind of forgot to write this until the last minute, and now I'm feeling kind of lazy. Maybe one day I'll do a post with pics of all the swag I've won but didn't feel like taking pictures of when I got it... Nah, too much work. ;D

I read volumes 18, 19, and 20 of Fruits Basket this week. They were all really good, and I'm dying to get the last three volumes! Part of me doesn't want to rush to the end, because then I won't have any more to look forward to, but another, bigger part of me really wants to know how it ends and is very impatient for Orchid to finish the last three so I can read them.

Last week I said I'd have Hex, A Witch and Angel Tale finished by now. Last week I also thought I'd spend more time reading this week. Well, I haven't finished it yet, but I did manage to find some time to sit down and read a few chapters. I haven't been in much of a reading mood lately, so I think I'm going to take a break after I finish this book. There are a few others I'm still reading, but I haven't even taken review notes on them, so I'll probably just restart them when I'm in the mood to read again.

I was going to say something about the lack of posts this week, but then I actually looked at how many posts I published this week and realized it was more than usual. I just forgot to post some of my weekly features. I'll get back to posting all the usual features next week, and try to post a review (if I can find one that I like enough to post).


6 comments:

Sally said...

Dead Beautiful looks great - I may have to get that one.
Happy reading.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-11.html

Alison said...

Great reads! I finished vol. 23 of Fruits Basket a few weeks ago. It was great! I'm going to start Hex soon.
My IMM

Christy @ReaderBee said...

Hi, new follower! Great mailbox! I love the cover for Dead Beautiful! Enjoy!

Little Miss Becky : ) said...

I've been wanting to read Beautiful Dead. It looks really good! Enjoy these!

Paranormal Opinion said...

Hey - just wanted to stop and say hi! I found your blog through the IMM meme - I'm a new follower :)
http://paranormalopinion.blogspot.com

Orchid said...

You'' have to let me borrow Dead Beautiful and Tweet Heart after you get a chance to read them (they both sounds interesting).

Hope you're back in a reading mood. ^_^