Saturday, March 5, 2011

On My Shelf (6) + Winner

On My Shelf highlights books I've acquired and read in the past week, as well as a little about what I'm writing, and other blog worthy news. I think it's pretty obvious where I got my inspiration for the feature from, but I will follow blog etiquette and link to Kristi (In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren), Sheila (It's Monday, What Are You Reading? @ Book Journey), and Kate (The Shelf Report @ The Neverending Shelf) anyway. ;)

Won

Wake, Fade, and Gone by Lisa McMann
Pub. dates: March 2008, February 2009, February 2010
I won these from the lovely people over at Reading Teen. Thanks so much guys! I read the first one a while ago, and really liked it, though it felt more like a set-up for the rest of the series, so I've really been looking forward to reading the others. Also, I knew they were signed when I entered the contest, but between then and getting the books, I forgot about that. I didn't remember until I was looking at them the other day, so that was a nice semi-surprise. =)
I was going to post pictures of the books, you know because they're signed and all (I even took pictures!), but now I'm too tired to upload them. I might add them in tomorrow.

This week I started Hex, A Witch and Angel Tale by Ramona Wray. It's really good, and I'm eager to find out what happens next. The only problem is, I'm kind of in an I'd-rather-play-video-games-than-read phase, so I've been having trouble finding time to read it... or any other book, for that matter. #bloggerfail T_T

I also started Metamo Kiss vol. 1 by Sora Omote. I'm a little under halfway through, and so far I'm not crazy about it. I'll definitely finish it, but I don't know yet if I'll want to read the rest of the series.

I finished one book this week: xxxHolic vol. 2 by CLAMP. I didn't like it as much as volume 1, but it was good, and I'll definitely be reading the next one if my library has it (and I really hope they have it).

The winner of the signed Breathless Reads poster and signed bookmarks for Nightshade and The Replacement is................. Vivien! Congratulations! The winner has been emailed and has 48 hours to send me their mailing address.

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

3 comments:

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books said...

I want to read the WAKE series! I saw them in the library recently and will have to get round to it! Enjoy!

Check out my Birthday Edition of In My Mailbox!

Vivien said...

Fantastic! Thanks again. Looks like you had a great week!

Alison said...

Fab reads! I loved the Wake, Fade, Gone books.
My IMM