Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cover For Me 7

Cover For Me is all about book covers and what I think of them. Sometimes it will just be one cover, sometimes it will be different covers for the same book.

This week's cover is...

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Okay, this one had waaay more covers than I thought, so I'm just going to split them into three groups: covers I like, don't like, and sort of like.

These covers are for me.
I like how simple it is. The mockingjay pin looks really nice, and the font is nice. I also like the colors.

I like the forest and the two people running, and while the mockingjay is a little big, I still like it. I'm usually not a fan of small titles, but it works for this.

Good colors, nice image. Not my favorite, but I definitely like it.

Nice and simple, very similar to the US cover. I like the shiny, 3D looking font.

Creepy! I like it, though I'm not entirely sure I would have bought the book with this cover.

I love anime style artwork, so it's pretty obvious why I like this one.

These covers are sort of for me.
I like the font and the blood splatters, and the illustration is cute. But that's where the problem is. The Hunger Games is not a cute book. But I still like this cover.

Same as above.

These covers are not for me.
This cover doesn't really work with these colors.

I like this cover... for Uglies.

I don't like the blue.

Uh... No comment.

I just don't like it, though I'm not quite sure why.

Enough with the girl and leaves!

Okay, I think that's all of them. If it isn't, I don't care. So, what are your thoughts?

2 comments:

Orchid said...

sheesh, that's a lot of covers. Some of them were really nice/cool while others were just completely horrible and didn't seem to have anything to do with the book. ^_^

Nice post.

Orchid
The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia

T.B. said...

Woah, I didn't realize there were so many! A lot of the ones that were for you, I probably would have picked too. It's so interesting to see how the covers differ from country to country!