Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cover For Me 6

Cover For Me is all about book covers and what I think of them. Sometimes it will just be one cover, sometimes it will be different covers for the same book.

This week's cover is...

Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

US cover
I like the simple colors, they really fit the simplicity of everything Inside, and how clean it was. I also like the way the title was done, even though I'm not crazy about the font, but I like that the title is bigger than the author's name (I hate it when the author's name is huge and the title is teeny tiny). The model is a good pick for Trella, though the eye color bothered me for most of the book. I'm not sure how I feel about the ripping through paper thing. I guess it could work for one scene in the book, but then again not really. It looks okay, though.
This cover is... for me... I guess.

UK cover
Again, I like the colors. While it doesn't give the clean feeling of the first one, it looks more dystopian/sci-fi to me. The image is interesting, but maybe not quite right for the book. It looks more like a storage facility or construction site than Inside. But the pipes work well (even though Trella spent more time in ducts), and I really like the way the light shines through and looks sort of like a flower, with the girl silhouetted in the middle. The title font is almost too simple, but I like it. I think I like the title on this one more, mostly how 'Inside' is completely inside the O and how the O and U overlap.
This cover is... for me.

In short, one great book, two great covers.

1 comment:

LindsayWrites said...

Hey! i'm a new follower via GFC! love the blog and can't wait to read more! this book looks great!

hope you check out mine and follow me too!! =]

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/