Sunday, January 16, 2011

In My Mailbox 43

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.
I meant to post this weeks ago, like, right after Christmas, but kept forgetting. Anyway, here's my (slightly overdo) holiday IMM.

Bought

Matched by Ally Condie
Pub. date: November 2010
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.
The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.
I pre-ordered this from Book Depository a few months ago, and was really excited to get it. But as the months passed, and the release date came and went without the book arriving, I started to lose hope that I would ever get it. Luckily, it finally came in a few days before Christmas (a Christmas miracle, perhaps?). I can't wait to read it! I read the first few chapters of the ARC and absolutely loved it!

Christmas Presents

Eleventh Grade Burns by Heather Brewer
Pub. date: Augusr 2010
Eleventh grade at Bathory High is draining Vladimir Tod. Joss, a professional vampire slayer and Vlad's former friend, has moved back to town. The powerful vampire Dorian has an overwhelming desire to drink Vlad's blood. And his arch enemy, D'Ablo, has brought Vlad's Uncle Otis to trial for crimes against vampires. So much for dating. When the tables turn on Vlad, he has just enough time to return to Bathory for his final good-byes . . .
I love this series! It's one of my favorites. I already had an ARC of this, but I had to have a finished copy (in paperback, to match the rest of the series), so it was one of the first things on my Christmas list. HUGE THANKS! go to my sister for giving me this as part of my family's Secret Santa tradition. =D

Perchance to Dream by Lisa Mantchev
Pub. date: May 2010
We are such stuff as dreams are made on.
Act Two, Scene One
Growing up in the enchanted Thèâtre Illuminata, Beatrice Shakespeare Smith learned everything about every play ever written. She knew the Players and their parts, but she didn’t know that she, too, had magic. Now, she is the Mistress of Revels, the Teller of Tales, and determined to follow her stars. She is ready for the outside world.
(The synopsis is really long, so I only put part of it. Read the rest here.)

*throws confetti and does happy dance* THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, AUNT AND UNCLE (who shall not be named on this blog)! I lovedlovedLOVED Eyes Like Stars, and have been dying to read this ever since! I can't wait to read it!!! ^_^

Those are all the books I got over the holidays. I can't wait to read them! ^_^

6 comments:

Little Miss Becky : ) said...

Oh, great stuff!! I loved Perchance to Dream...it was just as fun as the first book! Enjoy these!

Ky said...

Hey, you've got an award on my blog!
http://findabookmark.blogspot.com/

Jess Day said...

Perchance to Dr5eam was really good! Hope you enjoy it!

Anna said...

Great books! I can't wait to get a copy of Matched, I hope you enjoy it along with your other books!

Aimee said...

Great book week! I am reading "Matched" now and I loved "Perchance to Dream"!
I wanted to let you know you won an award on my blog! Check out the details here- http://www.abookdork.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

Orchid said...

awesome books! I'm absolutely dying to read all of those books. Happy reading. ^_^