Oh, right. Silly me! I forgot to give you the details before trying to get you to sign up!
Read books that have something in common, going in a chain.
Book 1—character named John
Book 2—character named John, bunny on the cover
Book 3—bunny on the cover, set in Texas
Book 4—set in Texas, MC into photography
Book 5—MC into photography, MC is orphan
Book 6—MC is orphan, and if you really want to challenge yourself, you can try to connect this back to book 1 with something new.
There are four levels to this challenge.
- Room Temperature: connect 6+ books
- Getting Warmer: connect 12+ books
- Turning the Heat Up: connect 18+ books
- INFERNO!: connect 24 or more books
- Be Creative - Books cannot be connected by author, genre, series, or publisher. Anything else goes. Using legitimate connections, you cannot connect more than 3 consecutive books from the same genre.
- Deadline - All challenge books must be started and finished between January 1, 2011-December 31, 2011. Books started/read before signing up count as long as they're connected.
- Data! Data! Data! - All connections must be listed on your challenge post.
- Sharing is Caring - Books from other challenges count as long as they can be connected.
- Make It Count - YA, mid-grade, children's, adult, graphic novels, mangas, comic books, and audio books count (all together now, "As long as they're connected."), but individual short stories DO NOT count. Books from the same series count as long as they're not read back to back (and try to limit the number of books you use from one series).
- One Time Use - Connections and books can only be used once!
- *singing* Put One Book in Front of the Other - You don't have to read all the challenge books back to back, but you do have to read them in the order that they're connected.
So, have at it, kiddies! ;)
SIGN UP HERE!!!
Please include your name, blog name, and challenge level. Example: Ren @ All By MySHELF, Turning the Heat Up. Be sure to link directly to your challenge post.
EDIT: The buttons have been fixed.