Monday, January 10, 2011

2010 Challenge Wrap Up

I've already signed up for one challenge this year, and have been considering a few others (anyone know of a manga reading challenge?), but before I join any more I thought I should post how I did on last year's challenges.

100+ Reading Challenge hosted by J. Kaye
Goal: 100
Books Read: 101
I'm really surprised I finished this challenge! I didn't think I'd actually be able to read 100 books in a year, let alone pass my goal (even if it was by just one book). I don't think I would have been able to do it if it weren't for all the mangas I read last year (I have to give some thanks to Orchid for that, since she introduced me to all of them). The challenge was fun, but got a little stressful near the end, so I won't be doing it again this year.

Debut Author Challenge hosted by Kristi
Goal: 12
Book Read: 3
I can't believe I didn't finish this one. I don't know if it was too small to read (I was kind if hoping it would be), but that number up there, after Books Read? Yeah, that's a 3. The goal was so low! Now, I admit I didn't think I'd be able to complete this one when I signed up, but as me, my friends, and my library got more 2010 debuts, I started to get hope that I'd actually be able to do it. So why couldn't I? I'm not entirely sure. I think it was a time thing. I just had so many books to read last year, many of which had been in my TBR pile for a long time, that I just never got around to reading all the other debuts I had access to. I think I might do a 2010 Debuts Take II this year. Anyone else interested?

Read Your Name Challenge hosted by Phantom Inkheart
Goal: 6
Books Read: 6
This was by far the easiest challenge I participated in last year. At first I had a little trouble finding books to read, but once I did it was super easy and quick. I signed up for this in early July and had it done by mid October. I don't know if I'll do it again this year, my name's so short now I'd have to use my blog name or something for it to be even slightly challenging.

So, those are last year's challenge stats. Can't wait to see how I do this year! :)

2 comments:

Nadia Murti said...

Congrats on meeting most of your goals!

Orchid said...

Congrats on meeting, I meanpassing the 100+ challenge.
Don't feel bad, I too failed the 2010 Debs challenge. :(
congrats on finishing the others. ^_^