Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Heads Up! Major Changes Coming Soon

Okay, so for about a month now I've been making preparations for some MAJOR changes to the old bloggy. I'm talking huge changes, like you probably won't recognize it when I'm done.

Seriously, you might not recognize it.

What kind of changes am I making? I'm glad you asked! (You: "But I didn't ask." Me: "Shut up and let me answer the question!" You: T_T "I'm scared!" Me: "Mwahaha!!!" >=D)
Dahlia's Eclectic Mind will soon be no more. No, I am not leaving the blogosphere (I love it too much), I'm just getting a new blog name and screen name. Why? Because I crave newness for my blog, and after two years of looking at the same names, I'm a little tired of them (tired of names after only two years?! Let's hope I never have to name anything important, like children).

So, just thought I'd give you a heads up about the upcoming blog makeover. I don't want all my lovely followers to be going through their feeds one day and scratch their head when they see the new name, wondering when they started following that blog.

By the way, while I have your attention, I have a very important blogging question. Will I mess up followers' feeds/lose content/do something else bad if I change my URL without getting a custom domain? I'd hate for anything bad to come from the changes I'm going to make, particularly in the followers and content department, so any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone experienced problems changing their .blogspot.com URL? Would it just be easier to get a custom domain?

Thank you for reading. I'll post again on this subject when I start the changes. Be sure to check back when I do, because I have something planned that I'm sure you'll be interested in. Here's a hint: it involves the words 'free' and 'book' and '2011'. You won't want to miss it. :)

Eclectically yours,



3 comments:

The Golden Eagle said...

I think that if you change the URL under the "Settings" Tab from the Dashboard, all followers continuing following the blog, even under a different title/URL.

Nadia Murti said...

Sounds good, can't wait to see it!

Orchid said...

I can't wait for the unveiling of the newness that will be your blog. ^_^