Saturday, November 20, 2010

In My Mailbox 42

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.

Won

Generation Dead by Daniel Waters
Pub. date: May 2008
Phoebe Kendall is just your typical Goth girl with a crush. He’s strong and silent…and dead.
All over the country, a strange phenomenon is occurring. Some teenagers who die aren't staying dead. But when they come back to life, they are no longer the same. Feared and misunderstood, they are doing their best to blend into a society that doesn’t want them.
The administration at Oakvale High attempts to be more welcoming of the “differently biotic." But the students don’t want to take classes or eat in the cafeteria next to someone who isn’t breathing. And there are no laws that exist to protect the “living impaired” from the people who want them to disappear—for good.
When Phoebe falls for Tommy Williams, the leader of the dead kids, no one can believe it; not her best friend, Margi, and especially not her neighbor, Adam, the star of the football team. Adam has feelings for Phoebe that run much deeper than just friendship; he would do anything for her. But what if protecting Tommy is the one thing that would make her happy?
I won this, along with a bookmark (that just happens to match my journal!) and an awesome zombie button, from Mrs. DeRaps at DeRaps Reads. Thanks so much, Mrs. DeRaps! I love the button, which has already found a home on my purse, next to all my book buttons.

That's all for me this week. Le sigh. I'm really not liking this book buying ban my family has put me under, it's really hurting my IMMs.

Eclectically yours,

4 comments:

Rachel Star said...

Wow, congratulations on winning an awesome prize :D

ComaCalm said...

Hi!

Just wanted to let you know that you’ve won an award on my blog! You can collect your award by clicking on the link below. Thanks for the awesomeness!

http://comacalm.blogspot.com/2010/11/i-won-award-for-being-awesome.html

ComaCalm

Nadia Murti said...

I'm sorry. Book bans really are the worst...

Well, Generation Dead is an alright book. The beginning isn't all that great, just wait till the middle.

Orchid said...

Book buying bans are hard, but at least you have won a book to to help get you through it. It sounds interesting, hope you enjoy it. ^_^