Thursday, July 1, 2010

Be My Affiliate

I've been thinking about blog affiliates for a long time, flip-flopping between liking the idea and not liking it. I've finally decided, after quite a bit of thinking, that I like the idea of affiliates. So, now I'm looking to get some.

What kind of affiliates am I looking for? Nothing complex, just bloggers
  • That post at least twice a week, but I'm not super strict about this because I know it can sometimes be hard to find time to blog. Just make sure your blog is relatively active.
  • Whose main focus is YA or mid-grade books. Because I don't read adult books, and it wouldn't make sense to be affiliates with someone who blogs about something I'm not involved/interested in.
  • If you're a writer, all the better! Perhaps we could turn our blog affiliation into a critique group.
See, simple.

What do you get for being my affiliate?
  • Your button on my sidebar.
  • Your blog on a special Affiliates Only blogroll.
  • Your latest posts featured in a weekly update on my blog.
  • Optional monthy review swap
  • Optional book-related guest posts on my blog, whenever you like (please note that I have the right to edit/reject any guest post if I don't agree with the content)
I may add other features in the future, but for now, that's all I can think of. Feel free to share any ideas you have.

I'm kind of hoping that whoever I affiliate with will become a group, and that all my affiliates will be affiliated with each other, and they'll affiliate with the other people their affiliates are affiliated with. That make sense?

So, anyone interested in becoming my affiliate, fill out THIS FORM, and I'll email you if you get picked. By the way, I'm looking for about 5 or 6 affiliates, so there's a good chance everyone that fills out the form will get picked (because honestly, I don't expect that huge of a turnout).

On a different note, I'll be adding a new page soon with all the blog buttons I used to have displayed on my sidebar. The slideshow widget doesn't work with my new layout for some reason, but I still want to display all the buttons somewhere. So, if you'd like me to add you to my blogroll page, just leave the link to you blog or your button code in a comment (whichever you want on the page).

Eclectically yours,

1 comment:

Orchid said...

Ooh, cool! :)