Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sorry for the Blog Silence

I've been kinda busy lately. Doing what, you ask? Why, reading, of course! I've read quite a few books in my absence from blogging, and I think I might have a good chance of completing the 100+ Reading Challenge. Right now I'm trying to catch up on my reviews, which (sadly) I've been struggling with all year. :(

I managed to get some writing done while I was away. I even *gasp* got past my writers block! *happy-dance* I got a few chapters into Not Another Vampire Book without too many issues, but got a little stuck on chapter 5(?) when I read the outline for it and realized it sucked! So, once I finally re-outline that chapter, I'll get back to writing.
So far I'm fairly happy with the book. The character interactions might not be that great, and the pace might be a little slow right now, but it's not a total epic fail like the first draft.

Being that I'm easily distracted, I've put off re-outlining for a little bit and have started working on another one of my books, B19, which is yet to have a final or working title. I'll try to think of one so I can get away from the number/letter system (which I now regret ever starting).
Anyway, it's about magic and there's a bit of mystery, and hopefully there will be a lot of action (because I LOVE action). Right now I'm working on character bios and such. My sister found this really handy character form in a copy of The Complete Idiots Guide to Writing for Young Adults, which has been sitting on a shelf, untouched, for a few years. I really like the form, it asked a bunch of questions I hadn't thought of before. I'll probably use it for all my characters from now on.

That's really all for now. Hopefully, I'll have some reviews to post soon. I've also been trying to do a vlog (my camera has finally been fixed! Huzzah!), but I find vlogging incredibly difficult. If you have any suggestions on vlogs, I'd be more than happy to hear them. :)
Oh, one more thing before I go. I'd like to thank all of my followers for sticking around despite the lack of posts. After two months without any posts, I probably would have declared a blog dead or abandoned and stopped following. So, thanks. You guys are awesome! ^_^

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

No comments: