Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker

"When the principal announces that every senior must participate in a mandatory year-long Marriage Education program, Fiona Sheehan believes that her life can't get any worse. Then she marries her “husband”: jerky jock Todd, whose cheerleader girlfriend, Amanda, has had it in for Fiona since day one of second grade. Even worse? Amanda is paired with Fiona's long-term crush, Gabe. At least Fiona is doing better than her best friend, Marcie, who is paired up with the very quiet, very mysterious Johnny Mercer."

I kind of expected A Match Made in High School to be funnier than it was. But then, maybe it just wasn't my kind of humor. I'm sure someone found it funny and amusing, but not me.
I didn't really like any of the characters that much. They were all kind of annoying in their own way. That's really all I have to say on that matter.
I don't often find books predictable, because I never think ahead of what I've read. Even so, I knew how this would end. It was. Just. So. Obvious.
Other than all that, the writing was fairly good. It was an okay book, it just wasn't really my thing. I may look into future books by Kristin Walker, though I'll probably avoid anything with a similar theme to A Match Made in High School. Please excuse the short review; I just can't think of anything else to say about this book.

I give AMMHS two roller skates..
Eclectically yours,

3 comments:

Orchid said...

Well sometimes you like a book, and sometimes you find a dud. Oh well. Hope you enjoy your future reads more then this one.
I love the new look of your blog. :)

Alyssa Kirk @ Teens Read and Write said...

No excuses necessary. Sometimes there isn't much to say. I recently found a great one after a long string of bad. Enjoyed your thoughts!

Book Monster said...

I've wanted to read this one for a while now. Sad to hear it wasn't your taste of humor. Great review!!