Monday, March 8, 2010

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

"She doesn't see dead people, but…

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.


Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…"

Wow. Just, wow. This book was sooo good! I'm dying to read the sequel! It jumped right into the story, but was still a little slow in the beginning. It didn't really pick up until the whole banshee thing was explained, then I couldn't put it down! The writing was fantastic! The story was great, kept me guessing just enough. I loved it!
Kaylee was a great character, though it was sometimes hard to like her when Nash was around. She became kinda... weak and cliche around him. It was sad, not to mention annoying. Other than that, she was a good protagonist. Nash was an okay character. Helpful would be a good word to describe him, as he knew just about everything about bean sidhes and other supernatural beings.
Speaking of bean sidhes, I'm so glad someone finally wrote a book about them! One of the most interesting things about My Soul to Take was that it was about something I've never read about before. It was so nice to not know everyhting about Kaylee's powers before reading it.
The story was really interesting, though a little vague at times. What was killing her classmates was discovered about halfway through the book, but the reason wasn't revealed until the end. I kinda figured out why before it was revealed, but I never would have guessed who had caused it! So twisty!

Short version: This book was AMAZINGLY AWESOME! I cannot wait to get my hands on the sequel! I highly recommend you read My Soul to Take if you haven't already, especially if you're getting tired of the same old vampires, zombies, and fallen angels.

I give My Soul to Take five Fists of Rock.
Eclectically yours,

2 comments:

Orchid said...

nice review! I'll definitely have to check out this book.

Congratulations Your blog has won the Happy 101 award.

Kupkakes♥ said...

sounds awesome, and something I would like! Oh, and I have read The Summoning, and I love it!