Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It Has Begun!

I came up with a beginning for Not Another Vampire Book last night, at 2:30 in the morning. I debated waiting until a more decent hour to write it, but remembered I tried to do that with something else and forgot what I was going to write. So, despite it being freezing cold, I got up and wrote the first page of NAVB.
I haven't read over it yet, but thinking about it, I'm pretty pleased. It's not literary genius, but it doesn't suck. I think I'll keep it.

The current word count can be seen in its usual place. I've decided to add the date it was last updated, that way we'll all know how long I put off working on it. ;)

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

5 comments:

...MY NAME IS ELENI AND I AM A BOOKAHOLIC... said...

I really like the title!!

Dahlia said...

Thanks! ^_^

Zombie Girrrl said...

Ah, The Muse can be such a fickle creature. You never when she'll strike ya. *SMACK!* Excuse me, I have to go sketch something right his very minute. X_O

Jessica W. (Book Bound) said...

Doesn't it suck when that happens. I woke up out of a dead sleep last night around 5:30am and suddenly knew the first sentence to a prologue that I have been working on forever. I was SO tired but dragged my butt out of bed and made my way (barely) through the dark to my desk where I blindly wrote the sentence down on a peice of paper...then I went back to bed. Lol.

Chase92 said...

It's called inspiration. And you totally did the right thing not waiting until a more decent hour.