Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

I've decided to post my resolutions for 2010. But first, let's talk about my resolutions for 2009. This will be very brief, because I didn't complete ANY of them. Not a single one. I almost finished the last one, twice, in fact, but both attempts failed. :P

Anyway, on to my new resolutions.
  1. First, things concerning Not Another Vampire Book. Finish rewriting NAVB before summer. Edit it over the summer. Hand it over to my editor (Zombie Girrrl) in September. Start editing again in October. Have it ready to read by winter. It's gonna be hard, but it must be done. If I'm lucky, I'll actually be abe to do all that, then I can add "get a lit agent" to my resolutions for 2011. ;)
  2. Read more books. I read just over 50 books in 09, which is just sad. I want to read a minimum of five books a month (there were a few months where I only read one! Insanity!).
  3. Again, learn to play my guitar. I'm not even sure if I should put this again since I did absolutely nothing for it last year. But I really should. I've had it since I was 12... or 13, I can't remember. I should know how to play it by now.
  4. Reach 150 followers. It may not seem like much, especially since I already have 90, but it seems like I lose a follower every time I gain one, so it's gonna be hard.
  5. Post more. I have over 50 drafts sitting around. How did I get so many drafts?! I really need to post some of those (I bet I'd have a lot less if I went through and cleaned out the irrelevant ones).
  6. Catch up on my reviews and improve them. If you look at my Books Read in 2009 post, you'll notice quite a few without reviews posted. I should also try to review the mangas I read, but I find this difficult, so it might be a while before you see another manga review here.
  7. Improve Q&A Friday (I dislike it so much, I'm not even going to link to it). I feel like the questions are kinda... lame. I should really work on them, and maybe change the format for getting interviews. Not sure what I'm gonna do with the latter yet, but I'll figure something out.
  8. Comment more! I've become a blog lurker, and I don't like it. Sometimes I just have trouble thinking of something to add, or just don't have time. But most of the time I'm just too lazy to comment. I'm a lazy lurker! Waaah! T_T I really need to work on that.
I really hope to complete all of these this year (they wouldn't be on the list otherwise). I just wonder if I can...

Happy New Year, everyone!

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

No comments: