Saturday, November 14, 2009

In My Mailbox 16

IMM was started by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.

Wow, been a while since I've done one of these. Almost a month, I think. O_O
Borrowed

Skybreaker by Kenneth Oppel
Pub. date: November 05
(from inside jacket) "Former cabin boy Matt Cruse, now a student at the prestigious Airship Academy, is first to identify the Hyperion, the private airship of a reclusive and fabulously wealthy inventor that disappeared forty years ago with its owner. Armed with the Hyperion's coordinates, which only he possesses, Matt, heiress Kate de Vries, and a mysterious young gypsy board the Sagarmatha, an airship fitted with the new skybreaker engines that will allow them to reach the Hyperion, 20,000 feet above the earth's surface. Pursued by others who want the Hyperion and will stop at nothing to get it, and surrounded by dangerous high-altitude life forms, Matt and his companions are soon fighting not only for the Hyperion but for their veru lives.
In this thrilling sequel to Airborn, a Michael L. Printz Honor Book, Kenneth Oppel evokes the classic storytelling of Robert Louis Stevenson and Jules Verne, creating a world in which a new discovery can have unimagined consequences--on earth and miles above it."
I really liked Airborn, and I've been looking forward to reading this ever since. I'm so glad my library had it! ^_^

Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy
Pub. date: April 07
"Meet Skulduggery Pleasant
Ace Detective
Snappy Dresser
Razor-tongued wit
Crackerjack Sorcerer
and
Walking, Talking
Fire-throwing Skeleton

--as well as ally, protector, and mentor of Stephanie Edgley, a very unusual and darkly talented twelve-year-old.
These two alone must defeat an all-consuming ancient evil.
The end of the world?
Over his dead body."
This one sounds really good. I asked about it on Shelfari, and everyone said it was really good and funny.


That's all I got this week, what'd you get?

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great books. They both look really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Tena said...

never heard of either of these books, they look intresting!
Happy reading

Katie said...

I keep meaning to read "Airborn," I've heard so many good things about it! And the sequel looks pretty amazing too.

Happy reading!

Orchid said...

Cool books. Hope you enjoy them. :)

Callie said...

Great books this week. Happy reading!!

Jessica W. (Book Bound) said...

Skulduggery Pleasant looks pretty neat! Enjoy your new books! : D

Jessica W.

Aimee said...

gorgeous books and gorgeous blog.


I've done my own IMM this week, if you're interested...

Aimee :)
http://myflutteringheart.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Skulduggery Pleasant has been recommended to me a few times by booksellers - sounds really fun. That cover is different to the ones I've seen and I really like it.

Nina said...

Great library you have! They sound very interesting, so a very HAPPY reading to YOU.

ENJOY

nina

The Story Siren said...

haven't heard of these. hope you enjoy them! happy reading!

MarjoleinBookBlog said...

great books!

elnice said...

You got some interesting titles this week. I love the skulldugery cover.

http://ellzreadz.blogspot.com/