Monday, November 23, 2009

B1.1's New Title and My Pen Name

Okay, so I have some semi-interesting news about B1.1 (well, more interesitng than all the other news I've posted about it).

First, I've changed the working title. I have another title for it, but I don't really want to post it online because I'm paranoid and afraid some not-so-nice writer will find my blog and steal my brilliant title. Anyway, the new working title is...

*drumroll*

Not Another Vampire Book!
I know, I know, it's not that creative or anything, but it works, and that's all I need it to do. Here's the synopsis I wrote for NaNo:

"It's the last thing the world needs.
That's right, another YA vampire book.
But these aren't your average vampires."

Short, sweet, and to the point (without giving too much away). ^_^
I have an idea for a cover, and I'm gonna see if Zombie Girrrl will draw it for me (because I can't really draw).

On to the second bit of news. I have a new pen name! Yay! Whoo!
What is it, you ask? It is Frankie Barlow. There's a little story behind the name Frankie, but I don't feel like going into it right now. However, I will tell you where I got the last name, because the story is much shorter: I got it from Leviathan. I liked the sound of it, so I thought, Why not? I need a last name, and this one is rather nice.
So, what do you think? Not Another Vampire Book by Frankie Barlow. Would you pick it up? Glance at it and keep browsing? Not see it at all? None of this really matters since A) the book isn't finished, B) isn't published because it's not finished, and C) if it ever is published, that won't be the title. But I'm still curious. :)

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

1 comment:

Nadia Murti said...

I like it. Keep in mind that the cover is also important.

I'd pick it up and read that synopsis, then read the first chapter.

-Nadia