Monday, October 5, 2009

Blogoversary Pumpkin Carving Contest

I am very happy to announce the first part of my blogoversary celebration (yes, I know my blogoversary doesn't start until the 21st, but this needs to be posted early):
The first (possibly annual)
Pumpkin Carving Contest!


The rules are simple: the pumpkin must be carved. Not painted, not decoupaged, carved. Also, it must be book themed (this is, after all, a book blog).
Each pumpkin you carve equals one entry. Email a picture of your pumpkin to EclecticDahlia@aol.com with the subject line "Blogoversary Pumpkin Contest" by 11:59 pm, November 3.
The pumpkins will be judged by me, Orchid, Zombie Girrrl, and Holland Petalpockets.

I bet you're thinking right now, "Why should I carve a book themed pumpkin and send a picture to you? What's in it for me?"
A book, that's what!

What book, you ask? Well, that's up to you. The winner will get their choice of paperback from the list below.

Death Note vol. 1 by Tsugumi Ohba & Takeshi Obata
Vampire Knight vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino
Clubbing by Andi Watson & Josh Howard
Dead Is the New Black by Marlene Perez
Raven's Gate by Anthony Horowitz
Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer

Contest is open to US & Canada (if you have a friend in one of those places that I can send the prize to so they can send it to you, that works too). Happy carving!

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

6 comments:

Nadia Murti said...

*Sigh.* If only I knew how to carve a pumpkin. Perhaps I'll learn this year.

Zombie Girrrl said...

Whoo! I am ready to judge me some gourds!

Orchid said...

Ooh, your first contest. I'm so proud. Me can't wait to judge pumpkins.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dahlia! It's me The OTHER Tally Youngblood!
This is neat I didn't know you had a blog. I got a pumpkin but it's too tiny. Guess I'm gonna enter so count me in when I get an actual pumpkin!
c you! Maybe I'll do something Leviathan related...
P.S. The only reason I put anonymous is because I can never get the URL to work. Guess I'll see you later!

Dahlia said...

Nadia: I hope you do! ^_^

The OTHER Tally Youngblood: A Leviathan pumpkin would be beyond cool! Can't wait to see what you some up with. ^_^

Holly said...

OHHHHHH I hope I can get the pics developed in time! (yes we still have a camera with film)