Saturday, September 26, 2009

In My Mailbox 13

In My Mailbox was started by the Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.

Borrowed
Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley
Pub. date: August 08
"Now I lay me down to sleep,

I pray the Lord my soul to keep.

And if I should die before I awake,

I pray the popular attend my wake.

Charlotte Usher feels practically invisible at school, and then one day she really is invisible. Even worse: she's dead. And all because she choked on a gummy bear. But being dead doesn't stop Charlotte from wanting to be popular; it just makes her more creative about achieving her goal.

If you thought high school was a matter of life or death, wait till you see just how true that is. In this satirical, yet heartfelt novel, Hurley explores the invisibility we all feel at some times and the lengths we'll go to be seen."
I've already finished reading this. I won't say anything about it now, you'll have to wait for my review to know what I thought of it.

Vampire Knight vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino
Pub. date: January 07
"Cross Adademy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. At twilight, when the students of the Day Class return to their dorm, they cross paths with the Night Class on their way to school. Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are the Guardians of the school, protecting the Day Class from the Academy's dark secret: the Night Class is full of vampires!

Yuki Cross has no memory of her past prior to the moment she was saved from a vampire attack ten years ago. She was adopted by the headmaster of Cross Academy, and now works alongside Zero to guard the Academy's secret. Yuki believes that vampires and humans can coexist peacefully, but her partner has different ideas..."
Orchid brought this manga to my attention when she got it from the library, and as soon as I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. I already finished it, and will start my review soon. Can I just say now that I love the Day Class's uniform?

That's all for this week. What'd you get?

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

10 comments:

Kate said...

Love Vampire Knight. Hope you enjoy it too.

Orchid said...

Did you like VK? I personally loved it. :)

Happy reading.

Callie said...

Ghostgirl looks really good! I read Vampire Knight, it was okay. Hope you enjoy it though!

Dahlia said...

I really liked Vampire Knight, and plan on getting the rest of the series. =)

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. They all look really good. Enjoy.

~The Book Pixie said...

I've heard a lot about Ghostgirl. I hope you enjoy your books. Love your header, btw! :D

~Briana

The Story Siren said...

yay! love the cover and design for Ghostgirl.... to bad the story isn't as awesome. Hope you enjoy them both! happy reading!

Dahlia said...

Book Pixie: Thanks. ^_^

Story Siren: Yeah, I kinda feel the same. :P

towerofbooks said...

I look forward to your review, even if you weren't in love with Ghostgirl. :P

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

I really want to read Ghostgirl. Enjoy your books!