Saturday, September 19, 2009

In My Mailbox 12

In My Mailbox was started by the Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.

Bought:
Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs
Pub. date: May 09
"A modern girl's comedic odyssey in a school filled with the descendants of Greek gods.

When Phoebe's mom returns from Greece with a new husband and moves them to an island in the Aegean, Phoebe's plans for her senior year and track season are ancient history. Now she must attend the uberexclusive academy, where admission depends on pedigree, namely, ancestry from Zeus, Hera, and other Greek gods. That's right, they're real, not myth, and their teen descendants are like the classical heroes—supersmart and superbeautiful with a few superpowers. And now they're on her track team! Armed only with her Nikes and the will to win, Phoebe races to find her place among the gods."
This book sounds really good, like Percy Jackson meets Magic in Manhattan, two series I absolutely love. Let's hope it joins the ranks of Books I ♥.
Free Book Friday Teens is giving away 5 copies of this, and 5 copies of its sequel, Goddess Boot Camp.

That's all I got this week, what'd you get?

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

6 comments:

~The Book Pixie said...

I'd love to have this book and I'm soooo totally entering Free Book Friday's contest for it and Goddess Boot Camp. I got my email about it this morning. Hope you enjoy your book. :D

~Briana

P.S. My IMM is up and posted too.

Orchid said...

Sounds like this book could be interesting (I entered to win it on Free Book Friday). :)

Happy reading.

Rebecca said...

Awesome book. I really like the sound of this. Hope you enjoy reading your book.

Lauren said...

I like the sound of this! It sounds like a cute, fun read and I always like to have one of those on hand. Hope you enjoy it.

Allison said...

I have this book, but I haven't gotten around to reading it! I love the cover. Enjoy :)

The Story Siren said...

OH My Gods is so cute! hope you enjoy it! happy reading!