Friday, September 11, 2009

In My Mailbox 11

In My Mailbox was started by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.
This is a Special Edition IMM because I actually got some books in my mailbox this week! Yay!


From the used bookstore:
I'm not usually one to buy books I've already read, but I've been wanting to complete my Midnighters collection for a while now, and the one I found at the used bookstore was in really good condition. I really liked this book, and now I can reread it whenever I want. =)

It was pure luck that I found this. I've looked for it everywhere, but neither Barnes & Noble, Borders, or Books-A-Million had it. I love it when people in my area either don't like a book I want or are kind enough to trade it in when they did like it. I can't wait to read it! ^_^

I read about this online a while ago, and it sounded interesting, but I kind of forgot about it and never got around to adding it to my wish list. The copy I found looks brand new, I don't think anyone's ever read it. Yay! I love the price of used books, but I don't like getting them if they look used (I'm a book snob like that). I'm really looking forward to reading this. :)
From Amazon:

I started watching Death Note a few weeks ago, and I've been hooked since the first episode (technically fifth)! It's made of awesome! I can't believe I didn't get into it sooner! The artwork is really good, and the story is interesting. I really can't wait to read it! XD

I have looked for this everywhere. I looked for it at three different bookstores in one day once, but never found it, so I got Peace, Love, & Baby Ducks instead. After a while, I just got tired of looking for it and just  ordered it from Amazon. Now, after months of looking and wanting to read it, I finally have it! I'm going to read this as soon as I finish all my library books. ^_^

That's all I got this week. I'd say it was a pretty good week for books (actually, I got all these in one day). I usually don't find anything at the new/used bookstore (I think I've found exactly 5 books there, all new), so I was pretty surprised (and happy) to find three in one day.
What'd you get this week?

Eclectically yours,
Dahlia

7 comments:

Orchid said...

Great books. I love Death Note too. I wanted Dull Boy and Everlost too, oh well I guess I'll just borrow your copy. :)

Happy reading.

Zombie Girrrl said...

SCORE!!! Glad you finally found Dull Boy! :)

Jessica Secret said...

I had to take my copy of the first Midnighters back to the library. :( I'll read it eventually. I've got Death Note, though and cannot wait to read it!

Dahlia said...

Orchid: Hmm, I don't think I'm going to let you borrow them. JK LOL! Of course you can borrow them (after I read them). :)

ZG: Yay! Thanks! ^_^

Jessica: I ♥ Midnighters!
I just started Death Note yesterday, and it's really good! I can't decide if I like the show or the manga more. They're both awesome! XD

Ravenous Reader said...

So many good books. Everlost sounds so good I will need to read this book soon.

Orchid said...

Congratulations, you have been awarded the Me-To-You award. :)
You can pick it up here

Alyssa Kirk @ Teens Read and Write said...

This is a great selection! Lucky you. I love Scott Westerfeld but good books all around!